Saturday, September 6, 2014

I’m here to help, what can I do?



Nine years ago I moved to San Diego from New York City not knowing what to expect.  

Why did I move to San Diego?  While here on a visit two years earlier, I was impressed with the beauty of the coast line; the backdrop of the mountains was just inspiring.  [I’m still very much affected by the natural beauty of this area.] The great weather, the friendliness of the people, and the energy, as compared to the frenetic activity of New York City, was a balm to me. But that was just the surface. Underneath it was a feeling of exhilaration, of adventure, of doing the right thing for me.

The move went really well, everything, literally, fell in to place. I was here for a reason, or so I felt.  I knew only one person in San Diego, and not very well. I didn’t have a job or a place to live. But a thought kept repeating in my mind, “I’m here to help, what can I do?” over and over again. Where the thought came from I don’t know, but I trusted it.  I also trusted that if I kept my awareness open, I would find out why.

I took a couple of office jobs and while I liked the people I worked with, I didn’t like the work.  What to do, what to do? Then one day I heard a presentation on Reiki. I liked what the speaker said and how she said it; it felt right. So I started taking classes with her. The more I learned, the more I wanted to learn. My curiosity was never-ending.  

More Reiki learning opportunities came to me over the years that have made me wonder at the sequence of events that have lead me to where I am today as a Reiki master, practitioner and teacher. I look back on it all with wonder. Were unseen hands in it from the beginning? Yes, I would say so.

I’m here to help, what can I do?

Emmy Martinez
Reiki master, practitioner, & teacher
San Diego, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment