Monday, August 11, 2014

“Teach me to do what you do!”

First posted 2013

Wow!  What a compliment. This from a family member who’s mother I was treating and who’s health was improving as a result of my Reiki ministrations.

As a Reiki Master I delight in being asked to talk about and/or teach someone Reiki. I believe we were all given the gift of healing in what ever form it manifests itself to us.  We are all Healers*.

By coming to me and asking me to teach you Reiki, you have chosen a method by which to begin. This is your first step. It will definitely not be your last, that is, if you are serious about your commitment to help others.  If you are as enthusiastic as I was when I first heard of Reiki, you will do whatever it takes:  find the right teacher, pay the price, and travel as far as you need to be taught by that teacher who inspired you. Listen to your gut feelings.

Is Reiki easy to learn?  Is it easy to do?  Yes and yes.  Does it take a long time to learn?  Well, yes and no.  The class itself does not take a great deal of time; that of course depends on the teacher’s style.  However, and I love the phrase:  You learn Reiki by doing Reiki.  Don’t know if I made that up or if I “borrowed” it, but it’s a fact.  You learn Reiki by doing Reiki.  The more you “do” Reiki, the more you learn.  How is that?  You learn by becoming aware of the energy, the energy moving through you, the energy moving through your hands, the energy moving into your client. Each time will be different from the last.  

There is more to it, but you’ll have to take a class with me to learn what that would be.

Emmy Martinez
Reiki Master
San Diego, CA


*Caveat:  In Reiki WE do not heal; it is the Universal Life Force that heals.


Reiki Power of Touch 

No comments:

Post a Comment